Monday, September 19, 2011

Isaiah 30:15

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it."

     I decided this will be my memory verse for now, for many reasons. First of all, I am currently finishing the bible study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore (wonderful teacher) and this verse was the main focus of the lesson today.  Second of all, it describes exactly what is necessary for our salvation in Him.
   What I love about God's Word, His Truth, is that He does not ever say one thing and mean another.  He GIVES us the answers to all of our questions.  Nothing is left for interpretation.  The fact is, if we repent to Him our rebellious ways, turn back to Him so we will never do it again, and "light down" to His word and meditate on it, we have our salvation!  When we shut our mouths, when we listen to His Word, when we TRUST what He says, when we believe it is true, we find our strength!
     Then, the last line in the verse, "but you would have none of it." How dumb it sounds! But, so true. God gives us all of these outs, He reaches down to us in our rebellion and TELLS US THE ANSWER... and we want nothing to do with it, sometimes. Why?  Because I can fix it on... my... own... right?  Absolutely crazy, sometimes it is simply the most silly thing to think about.  God desires for us to know Him, so much, He doesn't send us on scavenger hunts, or give us little hints. He desires us so much that He tells us directly what we need.  How cool...
So glad my God still loves me even when I sometimes may be in broken version of myself!  Being the person He did NOT intend for me to be... a rebellious Child of His.
Okay, I am going to type the verse down again, just for my own memorization...

"The Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it."
Isaiah 30:15

Have a relaxing rainy day everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment