Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our Remedy...

     Okay, I am a huge David Crowder fan.  His songs are so easy to listen to and the lyrics always speak truth.
     My latest song obsession is "Remedy" by the David Crowder Band... I am posting a link so you can listen to it, so you can understand what I mean...

    I was running the other day, it wasn't going so well, I was hurting so bad physically, mentally I couldn't quite get myself going to finish three miles.  Sometimes I get so hard on myself, I beat myself up if I am unable to finish something, especially when it comes to my mentality.  I kept thinking, what did I do wrong today that is making me so tired and sore now?  I should have drank more water, I should have not had three cups of coffee, I didn't have enough protein, maybe running this late was a bad idea,  should have gotten up at five to run, I'm getting "old" my metabolism is getting too low....AHHHH!! Then this song came on ( I listen to my Ipod while I run ) and I had to stop.  Listening to it, I realized I don't only have this thought process while running, I do it all the time.
    Looking for reasons why something is not going the way I plan.  Trying to find the next thing that will DEFINITELY make me happy forever and ever amen.  If I read this book, it will give me a new outlook on life, THEN I will have peace.  I should run a marathon,  THEN I will feel like an accomplished person.  I should be the most encouraging person to others, THEN they will encourage me the same way and it will satisfy me FOR SURE!  I won't bore you... the list goes on and on.

     Can anyone relate? We feel as though if we just do this other thing, try this new diet,  add in another activity, then we will feel a little more healing in our lives, that will satisfy us always.  But it never works! There is always just one more thing...
     Hence, David Crowder speaks truth.  Jesus is THE REMEDY.  Just listen to the song... You will understand :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3UWiJCZAz8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL8ECDA1BA80F79074

PS
Fun fact of the day...
David Crowder lives in Dr. Pepper's house in Texas!

1 comment:

  1. You are incredibly wise.... And yet so young!!!! (I bet you have great parents :D)

    ReplyDelete